Wednesday 28 April 2010

Chairman's Newsletter No. 36

Dear Members,
After last weeks disappointing lecture, last nights went full circle. It just kept getting better and better, Rosie Armes is an exceptional photographer/lecturer.

What a pity that we had such a small number of members attending, here was an opportunity to see loads of before and after images.
Most of us would have been happy to have taken Rosie's 'before' prints yet to see them in their 'after' state really brought home how images can be improved using (quote) 'some very basis adjustment tools'.

Rosie makes no secret about the fact she loves digital photography and excels in the post production work,she openly admits to taking thousands of images knowing that she will delete at least 80% and then par down the remainder, just where she gets her drive and stamina from is beyond me.
The final image shown last night was 'social documentary' at its very best. I make no excuse when I say that this image did what it was ment to do, it shocked me, gave me goose pimples and a cold shudder all over.

Last nights lecture was inspirational and Stan's final summary point/word just about hit the nail on the head, it was "brilliant".

Next week. Post the bank holiday there is no meeting.

May 11th. Is the 7th assessment of the season with a visit from Andovers John Randall, please make sure your images/entries are submitted on time.

May 1st - 15th. Our friends from the Romsey Art Group are holding their exhibition at the 'Mountbatten' centre in Lee. Somewhere to go in the bank holiday rain!!!

Linda Rudd has written to explain that she has found it increasinly hard to remain an active member and the needs of her young family have to take priority on her time. I am sure we all shall miss her not just because she is a good photographer with a photographers eye, but also because she brought a lovely smile with her and a 'wicked' sharp sense of humour. I hope that someday soon she will return to the club.

Thats it for now as I must go and review lots of my old photos and to see if I can improve them, just a little dodging and burning, maybe another crop, add a little tint, delete some colour etc etc.

Have a good break and I look forward to seeing you at the assessment.

My regards and keep snapping.
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment