Thursday 21 January 2010

Chairman's Newlstter No 22

Dear Members,

How very nice it was to see so many of you at Tuesdays meeting. It seems ages since we had our pre-Christmas meeting. I must apologise because I forgot on the night to welcome two new members to the club and to say how good it was to see Stan Stubbs again after his operation.

Maureen and David Toft's presentation was an inspiring evening with around 150 prints being shown. Sitting in my position I was able to see the back of each print as they were taken out of the boxes. Some of them had just one sticker on the back but most of them had multiple stamps and stickers showing just how many exhibitions they had been accepted into.  Quite amazing!

Next weeks 'natural history' trophies competition should also be fun with Donald Bradshaw judging we can be sure of an experts eye.  If you have seen Donald's images of 'tigers' you will know what I mean. Donald is a nice gentle man in every respect of the word but his critique is to the point and accurate.

I have received (attached) a listing from Colin Varndell on the projected photo courses he will be running during the year.  Having been on a 3 day residential and a one day course with him I was not disappointed with his teaching methods and the results from them.

Hope to see you all on Tuesday.
Keep snapping
Terry



No comments:

Post a Comment